Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pizza Trifecta

This past week I ate pizza three times in four days.  I didn't try to do this - it just happened.  I just woke up, went about my day, then felt like pizza at the end of it.  It's not my fault pizza is so crazy delicious (and easy).  For two of the pizzas I used Vicolo corn & spelt crusts and Walnut Acres tomato & basil sauce.  I haven't actually made my own sauce or crust from scratch yet, but I WILL.  Eventually.

Pizza #1: Corn & Spelt crust, sauce, mozzarella, Sicilian style olives, green pepper, white onion, sun-dried tomatoes (in oil), and corn (why not?).  Result: I was afraid my last minute addition of corn would ruin it, but corn doesn't have enough flavor to overpower anything.  

Pizza #2: Frozen.  But I really love frozen pizza, and this is one of my favorites:  Newman's Own Thin Cheese.

Pizza #3:  Again, the corn & spelt crust, sauce, olives, sun-dried tomatoes.  But I ran out of mozzarella so I improvised with a slice of pepper jack cheese.

Pizza #3: End result

Continue following your dreams, loyal readers.

'Til the next slice...

No comments:

Post a Comment